Skip to header Skip to main content Skip to footer
Helpful Village logo
Donate Now
Add me to your mailing list

Aging Resources in Sonoma County

How do I start to find resources and guidance about community aging services?

Aging and Disability Resource Hub
707-565-INFO (4636)
Information, referrals, and follow-up support from knowledgeable social workers.

What is the central agency responsible for policy, funding, and oversight of public aging resources in Sonoma County?

Sonoma County Human Services/ Adult and Aging Services
Area Agency on Aging - Policy, oversight, and coordination of community services
Adult Protective Services: 707-565-5940 or 800-667-0404
Abuse and neglect reporting, 24/7 anonymous/confidential
In-home Supportive Services: 707-565-5900
Care Management: 707-565-4636
Public Administrator, Guardian, Conservator: 707-565-5733
Veterans Services Office: 707-565-5960

Where can I find information about caregiving and caregiving resources?

Redwood Caregiver Resource Center
707-542-0282 or 800-834-1636
Services for families and caregivers including I&R, case management, respite, consultation, support, training.

Where can I find information about legal and financial issues in aging services?

California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
415 974–5171 or 800-474–1116
Consumer counseling and advocacy, including I &R, assistance. education, legislation, litigation. Excellent materials, including Fact Sheets

Where can I find information about health insurance coverage?

Senior Advocacy Services
Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program. Personalized counseling and education on Medicare and Medicaid.

Where can I make inquiries/file a complaint about home care agencies and aides?

California Dept. of Social Services – Community Care Licensing Home Care Services Bureau