Who We Are
The Village Network of Petaluma is a nonprofit membership organization led by active older adults 50+ in the Petaluma-Penngrove area. We’re part of a nationwide movement harnessing the wisdom and collective experiences of today’s older adults to revolutionize the experience of aging.
We are building a vibrant culture of giving and receiving - redefining aging on our own terms, in our own homes, and engaged with our community.
The innovative and cost-effective Village model has been successful in more than 250 other communities in the U.S., with over 30 Villages in our Bay Area. In 2014 we launched our Village Network as the first in Sonoma County!
- Volunteers and members offer each other expanded social connections, expertise, and a trusted community of support.
- We offer a wide range of programs, interest groups, and social events for exploring interests and friendships.
- Members can call one number for referral to community resources and volunteer services - for transportation, friendly visits, social events, computer help, minor household repairs, note-taking at medical appointments, and more.
- We are a strong force for innovation and flexibility in response to changing times and new technologies.
- We collaborate and partner with community organizations to help build a more age-friendly Petaluma.
Every day, we imagine and create new possibilities for what’s next in our lives, our community, and our world.
In 2012, our founder and Board President, Anne Greenblatt, attended a national Village to Village Network. This innovative model was spreading rapidly in communities across the nation. After assessing existing community resources, a team came together to develop and launch the Village Network of Petaluma in 2014. As we grow, we collaborate with existing services to promote a more age-friendly Petaluma.
We are Part of the California
and National Village Movements
The Village Network of Petaluma is part of the national Village to Village Network (VtV). Established in 2002, the Village Movement has since grown to include more than 200 active Villages across the country, with an additional 150 in development.
One of nearly 60 Villages in California, we’re proud to be part of the new Villagee Movement California (VMC). VMC connects Villages across the state to strengthen impact, accelerate growth, and
ensure sustainability of the Village Movement.
Together, we advocate for innovative, community-based solutions to improve quality of life and expand choices at all stages of aging, empowering older adults to sustain independence through community and remain in charge of their lives as they age.
Through our affiliations with VtV and VMC, we are building on the best practices of Villages throughout California and the U.S.