Membership means a caring community is one phone call away…
We are built on the "one phone call" concept. Members call us when they need support - from changing a smoke detector battery to helping solve a computer question, from arranging a ride to the doctor's office to help navigating a complex system. This means that when a member calls, he or she is connected to the appropriate volunteer or is referred to a service provider. We will try to provide the service directly, or refer you to the appropriate organization or a list of screened providers, avoiding the need for you to make numerous calls. If desired, we can work with you and a service provider in a 3-way phone conversation.
Typical Services Villages Provide:
SOCIAL CONNECTION AND WELL-BEING
- Events, interest groups initiated by members, monthly meetings, potlucks
- Participation in a vibrant and caring community, which can help avoid isolation
- Activities to maintain your health
- Support for family care-givers to stay healthy and connected to community
- Opportunities to contribute one’s skills to the community.
PEACE OF MIND
- One-call support for advice, information and referral
- Home visits and phone check-ins (if desired)
- Guidance and support in navigating the transitions of getting older
- Resource for adult children to support communication and their parent’s well-being
- Volunteers to assist with in-home visits, transportation, minor home repairs, computer help, medical appointment note-taking, grocery shopping, etc.
- Referral to a screened list of senior service providers, often providing discounts.
- Providing an alternative or postponing the need for expensive in-home care or a move to assisted living